What is it that sets top sales people from all the rest?
They are willing to do the things necessary to being successful. They are willing to put in the extra effort in all areas in order to become an elite sales person and sell more. Do you see them standing around the water cooler gossiping? No, they are constantly moving forward. Does that mean they don’t take a break? No, they are resting for their next stage.
- TRAINING: They put in extra effort training, because they know that knowledge is power. They learn listening skills, reading body language, presentation skills, closing skills, etc.
- PRACTICE: They put in extra effort perfecting their craft, practicing interviewing, perfecting their pitch role-playing sales scenarios, and overcoming objections.
- SET GOALS: Top elite sales people set goals and monitor their progress on a daily, monthly, yearly basis. They know where they are at, and how close they are to achieving their sales goals.
- PROSPECTING: They are always on the lookout for suspects. They don’t just shut off when they are “off the job.” They constantly have their antennas up for someone who might benefit from their products or services, or know someone who is.
- CLOSING: Elite sales people are always closing. Multiple times, and in many ways. They don’t cave in to fear, or give up because they don’t think there is anything there. They close again and again after building more value and overcoming objections.
- OBJECTIONS: They are prepared to handle objections. They test the customer’s objections to validate if they are really conditions or excuses not to buy. Then they go back to closing!
These are only a few things that set elite sales people from the rest of the pack. What are you doing on a daily basis to become an elite sales person? Are you constantly moving forward or, do you stop once you made a few sales? Do you give in to mediocrity?
The level of effort you put in . . . is the results you get out!